14th June - The death day


It was the same day a year back I felt I am dead for a few minutes. Those minutes happened in such a slow motion, that I remember every detail of it till today. The feeling was that of terrible pain which was unbearable and beyond any words. 

That was the last day I drove a car, I smiled genuinely and I had planned for the next day. I think that's the beauty of death, you don't know when it will come, I never knew next day might not happen to me at all.

Had to attend an invitation in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh ( I guess most people knows about Tirupati because of the famous lord Balaji temple). I am an atheist, so inspite of being quite a regular visitor to Tirupati never went for a 'darshan' at the temple. May be this is what Telugu people call 'papam' - sins. 14 months down the line it's easier to crack a joke on the situation which was unbearable at the real time.

Accidents are accidents, you can never define why that happened, but from that fraction of second your life changes forever. You enter into a reality that never lets you forget the incident and you start living with it.

Always heard that you see flashes of people you love before death, and to my surprise it's true. Hanging upside down from the seatbelt of the car in a 14-15 feet deep trench with the pain which was beyond my bearing threshold, my life just took the wrong turn forever. You know exactly when your ribs were crushed and it squeezed a part of your lungs and diaphragm. 

You can't move, you can't breathe, you can't even see because it was pitch dark. It took me a couple of minutes to understand that I am alive and I guess that was enough time for the darkness to creep inside me. 

A night that gave me a new life and killed me forever. A night that I might never forget. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acceptance

Silence

Don't Know