Don't Know

 Some days are really peaceful, not because of any particular reason. They are peaceful because your are able to enjoy the moment as it is. It's all about how you are perceiving all the events of the day that makes you experience the true essence of calmness inside you. 

I was always fond of glow worms, one of the most mesmerizing moments of my childhood is when the garden used to be filled with glow worms in the night. It always felt, as if a bunch of stars just came down on the ground.

I lost this experience to growing up, the more number of years I added on to my age, more the priorities of life shifted to things which were superficial. It's gets dark everyday even now, I take out sometime to sit on the water tank of my 24 storey apartment. The horizon of the city keeps glowing with light, as if millions of glow worms are marching all around. The mind keeps on asking which was better? The glow worms, the smell of fresh flowers, the cold breeze or the city lights and the fast paced life?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acceptance

Silence